This exquisite small goncalo alves side cabinet, the white marble top above six brass inlaid drawers, each drawer stamped G. Bullock with parcel gilt panels to either side and flanked by a pair of panelled doors with brass grilles. The cabinet is supported on parcel gilt reeded bun feet.

It is important to note that there is only 1 other piece known in existence to be stamped G. Bullock. Its whereabouts unknown. This cabinet is illustrated on page 66 of Blairmans/Murrays book titled ?George Bullock Cabinet Maker? and is made from Rosewood and Mahogany. A pair of bookcases made by George Bullock for Napoleons breakfast room for his final residence, Longwood House on the Island of St. Helena and illustrated on page 102/103 bares similarities to our cabinet. It is clear that the brass ware is made to the exact same design. It is stated in Blairmans book ?That another small cabinet of similar form, without the upper part and fitted with small drawers is now in a private collection in London? pg.103/104. We believe this to be the cabinet.

Dimensions 39 x 99 x 84 cm
Restoration

No details supplied

Circa

1810

Provenance

From a private collection in London. Previously exhibited in the Art Treasure Exhibition, in Bath 1958 by Boswell and Ward, Piccadilly, London

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Side Cabinet by G.Bullock”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *